«I want to contribute to the development of companies (incl. private equity, start-ups) and society (with non-profit organizations) and learn together with and from colleagues. Curious, ambitious, far-sighted.»
- International experience in the sectors industry (large projects), mobility, logistics, infrastructures (rail, energy, telecom), real estate and smart cities
- In roles as CEO and board member/chairman for large industrial conglomerates, SMEs and industry associations
- Expertise in leading strategy dialogues and the management of digitalization processes and projects (also as leader of the advisory committee to the Swiss Government on digital transformation and within digitalswitzerland)
- Track-record in identifying and realizing growth/new business and value creation/restructuring potentials (incl. complex transactions and co-operations)
- Often in heavily regulated markets with public clients (necessitating a best-in-class issue- and multi-stakeholder management)
- Crisis management with cool head and warm heart (incl. high media exposure)
Aus- und Weiterbildung
- 2020 MIT (Boston): Artificial Intelligence - Implications for business strategy (online course)
- Various study trips To Silicon Valley (digitalization), Hong Kong (real-estate development), Singapore (mobility chain, digital ticketing), Japan/China (railways and real estate development), Israel (Cyber and AI), CES Las Vegas (AI, drones)
- 2017 Singularity University (California): Executive Program on Digitalization and New Technologies
- 2016 Harvard Business School (Boston): Driving Digital and Social Strategy
- 2014-2015 INSEAD, ainebleau (France): International Directors Program
- 2006 INSEAD AVIRA (Singapore): Awareness, Vision, Imagination, Responsibility, Action
- 2003 Baden-Baden Entrepreneur's Talks (BBUG): 110th conference
- 1995 INSEAD, ainebleau (France): MBA (full-time)
- 1990-1992 Various courses on effective negotiation
- 1989 Canton of Basel-Landschaft (Switzerland): Bar exam
- 1981-1986 Universities of Basel and Fribourg (Switzerland): Law studies 1977-1980 Gymnasium Muttenz (Switzerland): Matura (general qualification for university entrance) B (Latin/English)
2021 - today
Anapaya Systems Ltd., Zurich (Switzerland), Member of the Board, Mandate to support go-to-market strategy A new patented protocol (SCION, developed at ETH) enables customers to have real control over how data travels the internet more reliable and secure.
2020 - today
Starmind Ltd., Zurich (Switzerland), Chairman of the Board, Deleguate to support growth initiatives An AI platform automatically generating skill profiles enabling every employee to access the experience and know-how of the entire company, establishes direct contacts among experts, helps to reduce silos and overcome hierarchical barriers. Founded by two Swiss engineers and supported by Digital+ Partners, a growth equity investor focussed on B2B technology companies. CHF 9 mio. revenues, 74 employees (in CH, D, US).
01.04.2020 - today
A.P. Meyer & Partner AG, Founder, CEO Several Mandates as independent Advisor/Coach, Board Member, Investor in various industries (energy, healthcare, logistics, mobility, internet infrastructure, real estate)
CEO SBB AG (Swiss Federal Railways), Bern (Switzerland) Biggest mobility, logistics and railway Group in Switzerland with four divisions (passenger, freight, real estate, infrastructure) and a strong IT department with 200 projects (300 Mio. CHF, 1200 employees). CHF 9,9 bn. revenues; 32'000 employees 1997-2006 Deutsche Bahn AG (German Railway Group), Frankfurt and Berlin (Germany)
CEO DB Stadtverkehr GmbH (Urban Traffic), Frankfurt Holding with 73 subsidiaries and affiliates (including S-Bahn Berlin and Hamburg, bus companies, various joint-ventures). EUR 1,8 bn. revenues; 13'000 employees Muri b. Bern, August 2nd , 2020 In this function also: 2005-2006 Member of the Executive Board Deutsche Bahn AG, Berlin EUR 25 bn. revenues; 216'000 employees
CEO DB Energie GmbH, Frankfurt am Main Purchase, production, sale, trade, distribution and supply of all energies and related services (electricity 16,7 and 50 Hz, fuel, gas, heat, water) for DB group and third parties. EUR 1,4 bn. revenues; 2'000 employees In this function also: 2000-2003 Member of the Management Board DB Services Management GmbH, Frankfurt am Main/DB Technical Department, Berlin Support services like IT, real estate, rolling stock heavy maintenance, Safety and Security, Cleaning/Technology, safety, quality, environmental services, procurement. EUR 4 bn. revenues, 30'000 employees
Managing Director Babcock-IKR Rohrleitungsanlagen GmbH (Industrial Piping), Oberhausen/Bitterfeld (Germany) Design, planning, manufacturing and installation of pipelines for power plants and industrial applications. EUR 200 mio. revenues; 1'500 employees
ABB Switzerland Ltd., Baden (Switzerland) 1992-1995 Project manager/assistant to the Management Board W+E Umwelttechnik AG (Environmental Technologies), Zürich Design and delivery of turnkey waste incineration plants.
ABB Management Services Ltd., Baden Energy transmission, transport systems, industrial and environmental facilities.
Consultant, member of the board to SMEs (Switzerland) Education and
Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch, Italienisch